Monday 7 May 2007

Swearing

Swearing is bad for a number of reasons. If we swear out of anger it shows a lack of control over our emotions. It also shows a lack of courtesy and respect to others. I normally think that someone who swears just doesn't have a large enough vocabulary to express their ideas properly.... or.. they just have a tough time controlling their temper and they can't think of anything else to say.
Swearing is a way of expressing your intelligence, if you had a high IQ you wouldn't feel a need to swear, you would know other words to express yourself with. When I see someone swearing constantly to me they look cheap and find it hard to give them respect, it certainly isn't impressive and offends lots of people.
I'm not going to lie that I never swear, but hardly, most likely I have in a confrontational situation as anger builds up inside and is a good way of 'letting go'. But I really try to avoid swearing, as I said it really looks cheap.

No comments: